Darkest Dusk
Welcome to Darkest Dusk!

Join the community today...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Darkest Dusk
Welcome to Darkest Dusk!

Join the community today...
Darkest Dusk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's Another World In the Corner

2 posters

Go down

It's Another World In the Corner Empty It's Another World In the Corner

Post  LukasArcher Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:42 pm

My eyes were beginning to fall close as I sat in the corner booth of the Mystic Grill. This side of the restaurant was rarely sat in which made it perfect for me. I was on medical leave from the football season, another big bummer added to my list. Having a minor concussion was plain awful since you had to give up your position on the football team. Me being a quarterback meant that I had to work the latter to get back to that position, and that's if I'm back on the team before graduation.
The waitress woke me up when she handed me a steaming cup of Joe. Mumbling a thank you and I greedily downed the coffee, trying to keep the migraines to dull throbs. It seemed to be working.
Stealing a few glances around the Grill, I didn't see any familiar faces, but there were a few girls glancing towards me and then quickly looking away to giggle with their friends.
At least I still had the famous 'Archer influence' that my father was so infamous for.
LukasArcher
LukasArcher

Back to top Go down

It's Another World In the Corner Empty Re: It's Another World In the Corner

Post  Suzanna Gilbert Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:30 pm

The first thing I notice upon entering the Grill' is the amount of noise. It's so loud that even I, a vampire, cannot distinguish each sound from one another. If I hadn't been here to meet someone, had the yearning for an ice-cold milkshake, I would have never even have gone close to this place. With the smell of fried foods and too-red ketchup wafting around me, I am instantly annoyed that I agreed to this place. At least it's so noisy there's little chance of our conversation being overheard. The corner booth is usually where I sit myself; it's far enough away from the humans and it provides a great view of the entrance, naturally something I want to utilize now that I am waiting for someone else to show up.

But there is someone already sitting there. In my spot. On a more rational level I know that this was bound to happen, but I don't usually listen to that. Keeping my steps measured, I stride over to the guy sitting in my space and tell him bluntly, "Choose another table, this spot is mine."
Suzanna Gilbert
Suzanna Gilbert

http://www.fanfiction.net/~jsarnold

Back to top Go down

Post  LukasArcher Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:54 pm

The scent hits me like a ton of bricks, a smack to the face. At first, I inwardly gag before forcing myself to breath through my mouth. It's nothing against individuals, it's just the smell of vampires is too strong, like a dead animal. A throaty growl escapes my throat as I keep my hood over my head, temples now pounding thanks to this vamp getting me all worked-up. I can feel the heat rise within me as I keep my eyes locked onto the cup in my hands.
"Get lost." My voice is much deeper than usual.
LukasArcher
LukasArcher

Back to top Go down

Post  Suzanna Gilbert Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:52 am

I blink. "Excuse me?" It only takes a second for my irritation to spike. Who is this guy? "I think it is you that should be moving--this is my spot and I want to sit in it." Do I need a better reason than that?
Suzanna Gilbert
Suzanna Gilbert

http://www.fanfiction.net/~jsarnold

Back to top Go down

Post  LukasArcher Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:28 pm

Shifting in my seat, I tried to retain my anger. It proves useless when I snapped my gaze towards her face, top lip twitching in agitation. My hands were constricting around the cup until I heard a prominent cracking noise. Releasing the cup, I kept my eyes on her face as the remains of the coffee mug fell to the table. "Do you own the place? I don't think so." I spat, narrowing my eyes beneath the overhang of the hood, making sure she saw how dark my eyes were getting, "Don't piss me off." I turned back to stare at the other side of the booth.
LukasArcher
LukasArcher

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down